I've been writing down some ideas for fund raising and talking with some local businesses. My husband works for Schwanns and they have said they'd be happy to do a truck sale. We spoke to one of the elders at church today and we were told we should make sure it gets into the announcements and planning at church. I am happy about that! We also spoke with the manager of noodles and company and they are willing to donate a basket for a raffle or do a fundraiser night. A friend suggested a bake sale. This week I'll set up these events and think about the bake sale but I'm not "sold" on it yet.
Did distance most of the week. I'm at 8-10 miles which is right on track for my half marathon on July 4th but I think I've got shin splints in my right leg. I'm icing it now as I type. The good news is I've gotten my 100 meter time down by 1 second, I'm also capable of a 10 minute mile but not for a long time yet.
I've found that as a runner, I'm progressing but not as quickly as I'd like. I'm confident I'll be able to run the whole marathon as long as I'm not injured the day of the race but for now I have to resettle my mind on the idea that my time won't be awful but it may not be what I'd like for a first marathon.
I'm goind to ice my right shin and take it easy this week and I should be fine. I'll also be planning some upper body weight training each week so that I maintain my upper body strength.
No comments:
Post a Comment